Friday 14 August 2015

Roadtripping - Alentejo & Algarve.


After our last exam, my friends and I begin our roadtrip. This was something we had been talking abou all semester but we were always dubious if we would actually do it. We eventually pulled off this 10 day trip and it was truly awesome!

We left Lisbon and headed to Montemor-o-Novo, where one of the girls live. It was her birthday next day and she wanted to spend it with her family and friends from home. She has this amazing country house and we had a blast at her party. On the day after we left for my zone of Alentejo. From Porto Covo to Milfontes, I took them to see the things I most love about my region - my favourite restaurant, all the best beaches and most beautiful landscapes. We didn't have time to see everything, but they loved the places I took them.

Then we continued south, to Odeceixe and Aljezur where we could find some of the best beaches of Algarve. One of my friends father came to meet us one afternoon and made us dinner in their van after the beach. They parked the van in one of the most breathtaking places we had seen. It was a dinner to remember. That same night we camped near Aljezur. After this experience (a first for one of the girls) we continued our trip south. We went to Lagos, Alvor and then we reached our final destination: Vilamoura. We stayed there for four days in an incredible house near the beach and all the bars. I'll always remember that funny night when we sang karaoke in bar full of british people.

It was a memorable roadtrip. I never thought I would meet these incredible people in college. I'm really glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment